SONY CAM REMOTE CONTROLYou can use this app as remote control of your sony camera.
You could store your photos directly to the internal storage of your smartphone.
You could instantly share your picture with whatsapp, hangout, facebook or all the other apps on your phone, which provide share functionality.
Now you could insert the GPS Data in your pics as they are stored on the phone.
A live preview function is also part of this app.
You could shoot pictures with a 10sec delay, so you’ll have time to make the composition and then the shot will be taken.
New features with version 3.0You are able to see on the integrated map, where you shot your photos and videos.
There is a fullscreen view.
You could changes some settings on your QX10 or other cameras, which support those settings. (e.g. ExposureMode, BeepMode, Picture size)
PLEASE NOTE, IMPORTANT HINT FOR COMPATIBLE DEVICES!!!!:Sony provides a List of supported devices: https://developer.sony.com/develop/cameras/ (scroll down a little to see the table). Please test the app first and if you don't like it, you have 15 min to cancel the order and retrieve your invest. The App is developed on a Sony HDR AS 30, Sony DSC-HX60 and Sony QX10, some users with NEX6 and A7 were able to use it as well, but without video recording mode. Some devices does not support zoom in and zoom out with the app and some devices like the DSC-HX60 DOES NOT support remote VIDEO. The camera device is not providing the movie mode for the app calling mechanism. Please don't write a bad review, just cancel, if you don't like it, the app is tested in 10 min.
After you start the app, it will try to connect automatically. You’ll see the device name, which is currently connected. You have several settings on the first tab named ‘SETTINGS’, which you could use:
1. Haptic Feedback - The app buttons will vibrate, after you’ve pressed them.
2. Live Preview - You could turn on the live preview and see the current view of the camera
3. Picture Review - You could see the picture, after you’ve shot it. Now you could share the picture instantly with your friends and family.
4. Store Pictures - You will be able to store your pictures, after you’ve taken them. All files will be stored on your internal storage in a directory named: SonyCamRemoteControl
5. GPS Tag - This feature will insert GPS Data in your pictures, so you’ll know where you’ve shot this image.(only on the stored pictures on your smartphone, not in the camera store)
6. Turn off wifi on map view - This setting will shut down the wifi, when the app is showing the map view, than the map data will be downloaded from the mobile network. (only if this setting is on)
Currently, following models are supported: Sony HDR-AS15 (latest firmware update needed) Sony HDR-AS30 Sony HDR-AS100 Sony HDR-AS20 Sony HDR-MV1 Sony A7R Sony A7 Sony A7S Sony NEX-6 Sony NEX-5R Sony NEX-5T Sony A5000 Sony A6000 Sony DSC-HX60 Sony DSC-HX400 Sony DSC-QX100M3 Sony DSC-QX10 Sony DSC-QX100
That’s all! :-)
Explaining the use of permissions:
This app needs following Permission rights: INTERNET, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE, CHANGE_WIFI_STATE, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE in order to connect to the Sony camera by it’s WiFi network.. WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Permission rights, in order to be able to store the photos on the storage card. ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION Permission rights, in order to use the current location of your smartphone to store the location data in the stored pictures ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION Permission rights, in order to use the current location of your smartphone to store the location data in the pics VIBRATE Permission rights, support for the haptic feedback.
KeywordsSmart shutter, remote shutter, remote control, sony cam, Sony Camera, Photos GPS TAG, GPS DATA, Live View, Camera Remote API by Sony, Remote Viewfinder
This app is not affiliated with SonyFor any questions please mail me on: email@example.com